Tutor - Middle School Study Skills
Rooted in almost 40 years of experience, Livius Prep is looking for people who are creative, innovative, unique, and most importantly can build genuine relationships with students. We are looking for responsible, knowledgeable classroom instructors who want to jump in with both feet to help us connect with students at our most prestigious school partnership and grow our company.
Our students are motivated for personal growth, so we're actively hiring instructors who are willing to work in-person. We are looking to staff a school-day, in-person position for 7th & 8th grade study skills, introductory college counseling, and writing.
What we ask of you:
- Maintain an accurate calendar and be available in the morning during four schools day per week
- Be available and willing to work in-person on campus in Malden, Massachusetts
- Provide detailed notes after each session
- Engage with the team, and communicate openly and regularly with those who support you
Are you the right fit?
- You are computer literate
- You are reliable and punctual and live within a reasonable commute of our school partner, less than 20 minutes north of Boston, Massachusetts
- You know how to connect with your students
- You want to be a part of an exciting company as it grows
- You have completed at least four years of college
- You have a passion for inspiring students to reach their full potential
- You are eligible to work in the U.S. and can successfully complete a federal I-9 form and a national background check
What you get from us:
- Hourly rates starting at $35-40 per hour
- Paid training
- Ability to complete sessions online in addition to in-person appointments (snow days)
- Flexible school day schedule, but some nights and weekends available for private tutoring
If this job excites you, please send us your resume telling us why we NEED you on our team!
The Livius Prep Equal Opportunity Commitment: Livius Prep is an intentional equal opportunity employer. We foster a climate of purposeful inclusion where all can feel safe, valued, and supported. We cultivate a diversity which includes differences in sex, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. These beliefs and practices inform all of our decisions, including our employment decisions. If you meet the qualifications of this role, we encourage you to apply!